Tuesday, September 26, 2006

My Response to Groundspeak

I've sent this reply to the warning from Groundspeak:


Subject: Re: [GEO] From Rothstafari: Nudity

After the first set of my pictures were removed in June of 2003, I shifted from being Gary Young nudist and geocacher to creating the Nudecacher fictional persona. The apparent restrictions on photos changed the activity from geocaching to creating a carefully staged character. Nudecacher shows a nudist with nudist values as a geocacher. The object is to show that nudists are just like other people and to create good will for them by showing one within the geocaching framework. Nudecacher became quite well known and I seemed to be successful. As Nudecacher, I have received greetings and goodwill statements from many in the worldwide geocaching community for three years. Obviously there has always been some controversy over Nudecacher. I have put much effort into cooperating with Groundspeak and the geocaching community and mitigating controversy as best I could. Nudecacher requires the tolerance and implicit support of Groundspeak to exist, since they own and control the site. The only option for me is not to play the game. Your email to me sounds like I no longer have the support required to maintain the Nudecacher persona. If that is the case, I'll retire Nudecacher and remove the Nudecacher artifacts from geocaching.com.

Gary Young

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home